Sunday, April 20, 2014

Final stop on the Holy Week journey: Easter Sunday at...

The American Atheist National Convention. That's right, this year's National Convention is being held in Salt Lake City, Utah, and yours truly will be spending their Easter Sunday there. Bet you weren't expecting that, were you?

The convention will consist primarily of speakers and exhibits. I am quite excited to take part in this. While there are some aspects of modern atheism that do annoy me, I am technically an atheist, one who happens to be quite interested in the subject of religion and does take it seriously, but I'm also somebody who takes a learned and critical approach to the subject of religion.

This is a national convention, so I'm expecting to see some interesting things. I will, as usual, let you know my honest opinion about the event and will not hold back any thoughts on the matter.

Because this will not be a typical religious service, my blog entry for this service will be different than the usual format. I will be following the following format:

  • "Atmosphere" section will be replaced with "Venue Setup and Accessibility."
  • "The People" will remain as I will be meeting a number of people there.
  • "The Service" section will be replaced with "The Exhibits."
  • "The Message" section will be replaced with "The Speakers." This section will be broken down by individual speakers.
  • And, obviously, "Overall Experience" will remain the same.
Can't wait to report on this one. Until next time, peace be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment